Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hypnothoughts.com (sweating while in trance)

Hypnothought's question:

What does Extreme sweating while in trance mean?

John's response

Although, I haven’t had one to sweat during trance, I have had them to twitch, scratch their head, laugh, move about in the chair, and my most recent client began to shake uncontrollably as I began deepening the trance. All of these signs were related to nervousness by what they told me (which I suspect the sweating would be as well). On the most recent one, I stopped the session and asked her what was going on with her. She said she felt she was losing consciousness and was about to faint. I told her that yes, she was 'losing consciousness' but wasn’t about to faint but just was going into a deeper state of trance. I told her that we didn’t have to continue if she didn’t feel comfortable and that I would teach her what to do when she got home. She drank some water and wanted to continue. Once we continued, she dropped into delta and I then popped in the suggestions.

I have different clients who sweated when they were around people, outside even when there were no sun, inside when the temperture was normal to others or when they had to make a public speech. All of these clients told me that it was nervousness. Some people are more sensitive than others and don’t like other people to ‘stare’ at them or wanted attention. Find out if this is the case with your student.

Being a student in a classroom demonstrating could have the same affect as being in front a room delivering a speech – most people would rather have a tooth pulled according to statistics. If this is his case, he may or may not feel comfortable being the student. I only do one-on-one sessions and some people are nervous even with that. A classroom could be brutal to many people when they are demonstrating!

Two ways, I would handle it. Either get him alone and put him in trance and give him post suggestions to relax in front of the class or just let him watch if he doesn’t need to participate at this point in your class. Of course, all of this considering nervousness is his issue.



John Owens
Clinical Hypnotherapist & Life Counselor
http://www.hypnotizeanybody.com

No comments: